Find out where our impact community partner Time Auction is in the impact ecosystem and their impact philosophy.
Tell us more about Time Auction
Time Auction is a charity that advocates volunteerism. We encourage volunteering with inspiring experiences, while connecting skilled-volunteers with NGOs.
We started Time Auction as a side project in 2014, which quickly gained traction and became a registered charity in 2017. Fast forward to today (Apr 2021), over 81,000 volunteer hours have been contributed to redeem nearly 900 learning experiences.
With our diverse volunteer community, we also started helping other NGOs recruit skilled volunteers in 2019, and launching a platform in August 2020. Any NGO can recruit skilled volunteers on the platform, and interested applicants can apply to projects that suit their skills, interests and capacity. To date, over 3,600 skilled volunteers have been matched with 310 NGOs on over 630 projects, from digital marketing to photography!
What do you think your role is in the impact ecosystem?
Due to COVID-19, 93% of NGOs in Hong Kong have reduced funding. They suddenly have to move their activities online while responding to rapidly increasing demand for their services, and many are struggling to do more with less. This is when skilled-volunteers are critical as they need different pro-bono support to help.
However, NGOs don’t have many channels to turn to to find skilled volunteers. 90% of NGOs relied on their own circle of contacts for recruitment, hence 83% of them cannot fully fill these roles. As part of Hong Kong’s impact ecosystem, our platform connects NGOs with pro-bono expertise when they need it. (See more of our impact highlights here) On the other hand, only 17% of Hong Kong people volunteer (lagging behind 58% in the UK and 26% in Japan), so there’s great potential to increase participation. After volunteering, they can also redeem our learning experiences — making it just that much sweeter to volunteer!
Is there anything you’d like to say to our impact community?
Our impact philosophy is that everyone can integrate giving back as part of their lifestyle! Want to get involved? Here’s how you can help:
- Volunteer Your Skills – Check out our platform featuring 60+ new volunteer projects per month that need your support!
- Sponsor an Experience – we’re looking for empowering learning experiences to feature and encourage more to volunteer. If you have any ideas, get in touch by emailing email@example.com
- Donate – make a tax-deductible donation here to fuel our volunteer movement
Learn more about Dream Impact’s impact philosophy here.